[Kde-kiosk] How can I prevent right clicking on the Kicker icon ?

VANESSE Daniel dvanesse at namsa.nato.int
Thu Jul 20 09:52:03 CEST 2006

Second post, this time with a subject :-)

We have installed Fedora FC4 and KDE 3.5 on laptops used as dedicated
test equipment. In order to prevent the users to use the laptop for any
other purpose, I have heavily customized KDE (no access to shell, no
right-click on the desktop or the task bar, icons locked, customized
menus, no access to Konqueror, etc...). However, I found by chance that,
by right-clicking the Kicker menu icon on the task bar, one could still
access some configuration functions and mess-up the system. How can I
fix that?  Which option to change? In wich configuration file?

For information: setting the action restriction
"action/kicker_rmb=false" in kdeglobal or kickerrc does not fix the
problem.

Many thanks in advance for your advises

Daniel Vanesse
Air Defence Programme