[Kde-kiosk] Configuring Firefox

David dwmoar at findmoore.net
Sat Jul 8 17:57:20 CEST 2006

Carlos M.S. wrote:

> Hello. I'm trying to configure firefox in order to download files into
> $HOME/Descargas and not Desktop. So, I've copied .mozilla from my model
> user to /etc/kde-profiles/p1/.mozilla and this folder is copied to the
> user's home directory on every session. But, I don't know how to modify
> prefs.js in order to take the value I want.
>
> I've tried with:
>
> user_pref("browser.download.defaultFolder", "$HOME/Descargas");
> user_pref("browser.download.dir", "$HOME/Descargas");
>
> But it doesn't work.
>
> I've tried with:
>
> user_pref("browser.download.defaultFolder", $HOME/Descargas);
> user_pref("browser.download.dir", $HOME/Descargas);
>
> But it doesn't work.
>
> Coul you help me?
> Thanks a lot,
> Carlos

Why go through all that open Firefox goto
the tab labeled "EDIT" select "preferences" from the drop down from the
dialog box that opens select "Downloads" Under the "Download Folder"
select "save all files to this folder" click on the "browse" button to
the right side and select where you want the files to be saved. At the
bottom right of the same dialog box click "Close" and you are all setup
and done.

If you are using a windows machine you will need to goto "tools" and
select "options" from there it is the same as the above instructions.

--
"One World, one web, one program" - Microsoft Promo ad.