[Kde-kiosk] Konsole Crash - Open SUSE 10 with KDE 3.5 supplement (also profile ignored )

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Thu Jan 19 12:58:29 CET 2006

Hi,

On Thursday 12 January 2006 01:56, BTrout at mbsbooks.com wrote:
>  Here the short story.
>
>  user x save a konsole profile as abc
>  create a new user y
>  start kde and konsole for y
>  copy abc to y ( /home/y/.kde/share/apps/konsole/profiles)
>  in konsole window type konsole --profile abc
>  try to use menubar ( bam --- crash it goes)
>
>  *** actually forget the profile its crashes with just running konsole
>
>  note: when using the profile in the cmd ... konsole never seems to use it
>  ( even when i put it in /opt/kde3/share/apps/konsole/profiles )

This is a completely different kind of profile as a Kiosk profile, and doesn't
actually involve Kiosk.

Could you please contact the Konsole developers about this? It looks like a
bug in Konsole (or in the OpenSuse packages) to me.

Your later mail was about Kiosk profiles, but since even the non-kiosk case
doesn't work it is not much use trying to solve that. Please send a new mail
to this list if the kiosk problem persists after the Konsole issue has been
resolved.

Thanks!