[Kde-kiosk] locking down "Archive and Encrypt Folder"

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Thu Jan 19 12:52:35 CET 2006

Hoi Jasper,

On Monday 16 January 2006 10:00, jasper van der marel wrote:
> I've got a problem locking down the "Archive and Encrypt Folder" option in
> Konqueror (RMB on a file and then actions/Archive & Encrypt Folder). I've
> searched the mailinglist and all dcop calls but didn't find the entry for
> locking this menuentry.

This looks like the "normal" way to disable Konqueror service menus to me. On
my KDE 3.4 at work it's located in

    $KDEDIR/share/apps/konqueror/servicemenus/encryptfolder.desktop

There was a trick to make .desktop files invisble in a profile, wasn't it
masking the file with an encryptfolder.desktop in the profile that says
"Hidden=true" or so? Anyone who still remembers? To my surprise the
README.kiosk file doesn't explain how to override .desktop files (?).