[Kde-kiosk] colour-scheme issue.

rek2GNU/Linux rek2 at binaryfreedom.info
Sat Dec 9 10:41:36 CET 2006

Hi Marcel, first of all, thank you for your response.
I downloaded the kiosk-tool and with that I am able to make my
color-scheme the default... meaning I can wipe .kde of my home directory
and recreated and I get my scheme..
now I need it by default in the system :-) so can't just use a tool,
basically I am creaging a .deb package so I need to know what needs to
be done from the command line..
but I try anyways just to see if something give me a tip.. I saw that
when I did a change under that tool it run a comman line tool called
kbuildsycoco... I did a man page
and suprisely it mentions something about changing configs in cache. but
no idea how to use it.. and if it is needed at all..
about what you suggest. I have no /etc/kde-profile  I do have a
kde-profile in my settings.
/usr/share/my-default-settings/kde-profile/........etc I will copy it to
/etc/kde-profile/....
in there is were I am doing my addons, and I have it listed under
/etc/kderc and when I run kde-config etc it shows up in the list of
places kde will look for configuration files..
most of the stuff on that directory under
/usr/share/my-default-settings/.......  do work.. like my kdm theme and
my kplash.. only the color-scheme is been ignored..

cheers
Chris F.