[Kde-kiosk] colour-scheme issue.

rek2GNU/Linux rek2 at binaryfreedom.info
Sat Dec 9 06:08:13 CET 2006

Hi, I am working on a new distro, I am the maintainer of KDE, everything
I got is working just fine, great.. but one thing..
I am trying to change the default color-scheme by default... but when I
put the livecd together and even when I install
it just ignores the setting and installs into the user direcory ~/.kde
space another config file I have never wrote..
in my case is kdeglobals I am adding:
[KDE]
colorScheme=Mytheme.kcsrc

but it just ignores it.. I have to manually do it from the gui and of
course this is not what I need, I need this change globally so any new user
and the livecd gets those colours..

before I decided to come here for help I google the hell out of me, but
is all GUI related.. I have not found a way to do it from the shell and
make it system default.
so if I wipe ~/.kde  the new ~/.kde comes with *my* defaults.

Thanks
Chris Fernandez.