[Kde-kiosk] how to install kiosk?

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Wed Sep 14 17:21:57 CEST 2005

On Thursday 08 September 2005 23:19, Tiago Meireles wrote:
> Hello everybody,
> I want to deply kiosk in my environment and I'd like to start from the
> very first begining. What packages should I install to deploy kiosk in a
> Debian 3.1 Sarge?

If you want to do everything by hand you only need KDE itself and setup the
profiles and config files accordingly. See README.kiosk for details, it's
probably in /usr/share/doc/<something> on Debian (can't remember exactly
anymore and I don't work for a Debian-using company anymore ;-) ).

If you also want KioskTool to do the grunt work using a GUI then you'll need
to install that separately. The package is called 'kiosktool', but it's only
available in testing and unstable and seems to be unmaintained. You might be
better off installing the kde-dev packages and building it from source.
Alternatively you might be able to find a 3rd party apt repository that holds
a more current version.

HTH,