[Kde-kiosk] restrictions on kde menu

MICHAEL MELLING mellingm at postmaster.co.uk
Tue Sep 6 21:10:41 CEST 2005

hi Kurt,

Many thanks for your tip. I have downloaded Keduluancher (after a long search) and will give it a try this week.

We run 20 diskless workstations using LTSP 4.1. The server runs fedora 4. In terms of applications software, there are many I need to use as we have pupils from 4-13 years old. For the younger ones I intend to use the following software;

GCompris, Tuxpaint, Ktuberling, Stickers, Tuxtype, Koffice, Kolorpaint, Childsplay and some windows programs from 2simple running on wine(yet to be tested).

For the older children I will be using GIMP, OpenOffice, SodiPodi, GCompris, Scribus, Lincity, KLogo, LeoCAD, TuxType, KType and again some 2simple software running on wine.

I have noticed that the KDE menu always to revert to the default menu when i log in again after making changes in KDE menu editor when I am not in KDE Kiosk. So i guess it is a more general problem.

Many thanks
Mike.