[Kde-kiosk] Kiosk intro

Erik Forsberg forsberg at cendio.se
Thu Oct 27 12:26:23 CEST 2005

Martijn Klingens <klingens at kde.org> writes:

> > Is it used in production anywhere?
>
> There are a number of people on this list who use it in production. Some
> setups are big, like Stichting Vluchtelingenwerk (Council for Refugees) in
> the Netherlands (Jasper: how many desktops?), others are fairly small. Some
> are Kiosks, others are corporate desktops.

My company recommends Kiosktool for use with installations of our
product - ThinLinc, a thin client solution based on Linux. We have
several big installations, each of them with several thousand logins
every weekday. Currently, our biggest customers are using ThinLinc in
their school environment, for kids in the age of 6-16 years.

We use Kiosktool for setting up the basic desktop environment, and
then use a ThinLinc-specific tool called the ThinLinc Desktop
Customizer, for building the menus based on group,username,profile
etc.

\EF
--
Erik Forsberg                OpenSource-based Thin Client Technology
Cendio AB                    Phone: +46-13-21 46 00