[Kde-kiosk] Trouble w. KDEDIRS on KDE 3.4.3

Erik Forsberg forsberg at cendio.se
Mon Oct 24 09:18:26 CEST 2005

Hi!

I usually set KDEDIRS to point to the profile directories generated by
Kiosktool, instead of connecting groups to profiles with the kiosktool
"Assign profiles" feature. I have a good third party software for
setting KDEDIRS based on user, group and some other factors, and I'd
like to continue doing that.

Now I'm having trouble with the KDE 3.4.3 in Kubuntu 5.10. It doesn't seem
to respect my KDEDIRS. It does respect profiles assigned with "Assign
Profiles" in Kiosktool, though.

Any ideas on this? Has KDEDIRS support ceased to function for profiles
in KDE 3.4, or have kubuntu done something to their KDE packages?

Regards,
\EF
--
Erik Forsberg                OpenSource-based Thin Client Technology
Cendio AB                    Phone: +46-13-21 46 00