[Kde-kiosk] Preventing drop to the desktop

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Fri Oct 21 23:26:12 CEST 2005

On Thursday 20 October 2005 14:41, Darío Mariani wrote:
>  I'm configuring a KDE profile using Kiosktool and manually tweaking
> the config files. I marked the option "Lock Down Desktop Icons" so the
> icons in the desktop are unmovable and undeletable, but I found that I
> can drag a file from Konqueror to the desktop. Is there any way to
> avoid dropping files on the desktop (using KDE configuration, not by
> setting permissions or ACLs on the desktop directory). I'm using KDE
> 3.3.0.

I'm not sure if (and how) you can lockdown drag-and-drop to the desktop, but
if the way to trigger it is called 'konqueror' then you have a worse problem
at hand: a user can also just go to ~/Desktop in Konq and create/copy icons
there.

Be sure to add URL restrictions for those actions to rule that out. With some
luck that also solves the kdesktop case, though I somewhat doubt that code
goes through the KIO restrictions code. Waldo?