[Kde-kiosk] Rescrictions beyond kde-kiosk

Casey King cking at lovebox.com
Fri Nov 11 21:02:12 CET 2005

Okay,

I have been messing around with the Kde-kiosk, and I am pretty happy
with what it can do.  I am still having problems with the menu still
showing up evening the I have disabled every option for the rescricted
user.  I have asked about the in previous posts, and it seems I need to
remove the /etc/xdg/menus/kde-applications.menu.  I really do not want
to do this.  This creates more of an 'opportunity' from an
administration standpoint.

Also, with firefox, I have downloaded, and installed the firefox kiosk,
but am not sure what to do beyond that.  This is something I am going to
spend some time on today.  I am only mentioning it, just in case someone
has successfully implemented it, and would like to give me some advice.

Also, I am seeing many posts creating personal rescrictions, that the
kiosk tool has not yet encompassed.  I really have no idea how to do
this, or where I would put the settings once I have created them.  From
the looks of it 'linuxgirlie' and others have a good grasp on this.  If
I could only be 'nudged' in a general direction, I would surely
appreciate it.

Lastly, I am wishing to rescrict the user from being able to see the
cd-rom drive.  I was hoping someone could give me an idea on how to
rescrict this.  I see discussion on /mnt/cdrom..but again, I am not sure
where to create and place custom rescrictions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Casey