[Kde-kiosk] How to save a profile - Lack of a button ?

Catherine Stéfan stefan.catherine at wanadoo.fr
Fri Nov 4 21:56:25 CET 2005

Hello,

I posted sometimes ago a question on how to apply a profile to a group : it
turned out that the package I downloaded simply could not implement the "user
management" (or equivalent as I have it in French), so, it never displayed
and I was wondering how one was supposed to achieve it.

Now it is solved with the package I have (a .deb for I am using Mepis) and the
button appears, as well as the corresponding form.

But now, whatever the settings I choose, it is never saved : the kde-profile
never contains the new profile directory. After having perused the archive,
some posts mentioning the possibility to lock profiles, etc., I came to think
that there must be in the interface, at some point, some kind of "save"
button, that I do not have.

I have a "next" and "back", but nowhere and at no point, a button to confirm
that my settings should be taken into account.

Can somebody confirm my hypothesis ? If i am right, where should I download a
functionning debian package ?

Thanks in advance,

Catherine