[Kde-kiosk] kicker default?

M. van den IJssel maarten at artvark.nl
Tue May 3 09:30:34 CEST 2005

Hi all,

I have the following problem;

I tried a customized user profile desktop works fine but kicker;
Customizing the (kicker) taskbar and then locking it gives a standard taskbar
again for the "locked" user?

kiosktool-kdedirs --check
Shell output:
maarten at prescott:~> kiosktool-kdedirs --check
/home/maarten/.kde/:/var/lib/kde-profiles/default/:/etc/opt/kde3/:/opt/kde3/
maarten at prescott:~>

I now have tried this on two different machines, both with 9.1/ KDE 3.2.2,
same result, customizing the desktop and then locking it works for the menu
and desktop, not for the kicker taskbar. The default is loaded again.

What I understand from the howto/lj-article, is that these 4 files work
cascading and that the userfile precedes over all the others.
But it seems as if my kickerrc is rewritten to default when I use my "locked"
profile (not default...)? How can it be preceding and rewritten at the same
time?

The HOWTO workaround chmod 644 root / disabling write for the owner, gives a
kde-error message on loading the desktop!

Any suggestions?

Kind regards,

Maarten