[Kde-kiosk] disabling settings:/

Klaus Weidenbach Klaus.Weidenbach at gmx.net
Sat Mar 26 18:00:06 CET 2005

Hello,

Was wondering if the KDE URL Restrictions is thought also to prevent accessing
settings:/, media:/, remote:/ and so on? A rule like
"rule_1=open,,,,settings,,,false" is working fine, but is it also how it was
meant? Maybe a note in the README.kiosk would be really nice then :)

How do I control the sidebar in konquerer and which panes will get there? Like
I don't want the history and the settings in there. It seems that for every
new user all files get copied in $HOME/.kde/share/apps/konqsidebartng/ even
if the user has a KIOSK profile. So do I have to delete them in /opt/kde/ to
prevent it, but then it also effects ordinary users. Or have I missed
something?

Also one more question and maybe bit OT:
I would like to set a default view for trash:/. I have edited in "konquerorrc"
[ListView_trash][$i]
ColumnWidths=92,173,416,205,78,178
Columns=Size, slettedato,Opprinnelig sti,File Type,Owner,Modified
FileNameColumnWidth=205
SortBy=Extra2
SortOrder=false
This seems to work fine if I select the right view (ListView) by hand, but how
can I define that it should also open trash in this ListView?

Thank you very much!

Regards,
Klaus

--