[Kde-kiosk] Black Desktop with KDE3.4 and context menus

Klaus Weidenbach Klaus.Weidenbach at gmx.net
Sat Mar 26 13:18:29 CET 2005

Hallo,

> Can you open a konsole and run "dcopquit kdesktop" to close kdesktop and
> then run "kdesktop" from konsole... does it still go black now? What does
> it say in konsole?

Okay, I have done it. Here is the output:
---  START  ---
bash-3.00$ dcopquit kdesktop
bash-3.00$ kdesktop
bash-3.00$ ASSERT: "action" in krootwm.cc (397)
ASSERT: "action" in krootwm.cc (401)
*** kdesktop (1668) got signal 11
ASSERT: "action" in krootwm.cc (397)
ASSERT: "action" in krootwm.cc (401)
*** kdesktop (1671) got signal 11
ASSERT: "action" in krootwm.cc (397)
ASSERT: "action" in krootwm.cc (401)
---  END  ---

Does this tell you something or you find something in krootwm.cc? I think I
have no debug Symbols, becaue I have not selfcompiled.

It is only crashing if I right click on an icon if the context menu is not
disabled. Right click on desktop or other icons not on the desktop work
without a problem. Also it only occures in KIOSK profiles, not with usual
desktops.

Regards,
Klaus

--