[Kde-kiosk] Black Desktop with KDE3.4 and context menus

Klaus Weidenbach Klaus.Weidenbach at gmx.net
Fri Mar 25 15:39:00 CET 2005

Heihei,

I am reworking my KIOSK system for KDE3.4 and I found some strange behaviours.
I used a recent CVS version from kiosktool to set up a basic KIOSK profile. If
I don't activate "Disable context menus" I get some problems. If I right
click on a Desktop icon I see the context menu and when I click on the
desktop again, so that this menu gets closed, the desktop turns completely
black for a short time and there is only the kicker on the bottom. If I
repeat it several times it happened that the whole desktop stayed black until
restarted KDE. I saw no wallpaper and also no icons anymore. I have no
problems with users without KIOSK profiles or if I select "Disable context
menus" I didn't realiced such a black desktop yet.

Well, could it cause problems to use the kiosktool to edit KIOSK profiles for
KDE3.4 at the moment? The kiosktool seem not to be updated yet and I just
found some things that should not exist anymore for KDE3.4, I think. Like in
kdeglobals there is an entry:
[Paths]
Trash=$HOME/Desktop/Trash/

Are there many other things that need to get updated in kiosktool before, or
does it not influence it in a bad manner?

Thanks!!!

Regards,
Klaus

--