[Kde-kiosk] Is the shutdown command scriptable

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Mon Mar 21 13:12:24 CET 2005

On Mon, Mar 21, 2005 at 01:01:26PM +0100, Richard Bos wrote:
> Should I open a wish report for this?

isn't there one already? :}

> It comes back regurarely on thin client server list....

yup. it's definitely on my todo list. i have a slight "protocol
problem", though. i think adding a separate shutdown-command for remote
displays (with some expando for the hostname) is the most sensible
solution.
another question is, whether there should be an option to shut down the
server from a client at all.
also, this has all an impact on the "safe shutdown". one'd need a
command to obtain a list of sessions on the remote machine (imagine the
remote display is no thin client but a workstation on which "remote
login" was chosen).