[Kde-kiosk] A couple of Kiosk Tool Questions

Murray Trainer murray.trainer at central-data.net
Thu Mar 17 08:18:17 CET 2005

> > Hi All,
> >
> > I have a couple of questions using the Kiosk tool on SuSE 9.1.
> >
> > 1. I have created a custom menu for my Kiosk profile but I get a
> > Bookmarks option which doesn't appear when I setup my custom menu
> but
> > appears when I log in with the Kiosk profile applied.  How do I get
> rid
> > of it?
>
> Go to Setup Panel, click the Setup Panel button, wait a little and
> then right
> click on the panel and select configure panel, select the "Menus" tab
> and
> deselect "Bookmarks" from "Optional menus"
>
> > 2. I have had to give users access to the KDE Control Center so they
> can
> > customize their environment.  Can I lock down access to parts of the
> > Control Center as there is stuff in there they don't need to see.
>
> Only in SUSE LINUX 9.2 and later.
> See the section "Control module restrictions" in README.kiosk for
> those
> versions.
>
> Cheers,
> Waldo

Thanks Waldo,

I have got rid of the Bookmarks option and added the Recent Documents
one - I wondered how to do that.  I have also noticed that some of my
menu options are doubling up although they appear normal in the
preview.  I basically started with the default KDE menu and removed ones
I didn't want.  I have repeated entries in the multimedia menu - CD
Player, TV, and Volume Control.  Also in the Office Menu, I have
repeated entries for Document Viewer, Presentation, Spreadsheet and Word
Processor.  It looks like some sort of menu editing bug.

Thanks

Murray