[Kde-kiosk] A couple of Kiosk Tool Questions

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Wed Mar 16 12:04:14 CET 2005

On Wednesday 16 March 2005 05:35, Murray Trainer wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have a couple of questions using the Kiosk tool on SuSE 9.1.
>
> 1. I have created a custom menu for my Kiosk profile but I get a
> Bookmarks option which doesn't appear when I setup my custom menu but
> appears when I log in with the Kiosk profile applied.  How do I get rid
> of it?

Go to Setup Panel, click the Setup Panel button, wait a little and then right
click on the panel and select configure panel, select the "Menus" tab and
deselect "Bookmarks" from "Optional menus"

> 2. I have had to give users access to the KDE Control Center so they can
> customize their environment.  Can I lock down access to parts of the
> Control Center as there is stuff in there they don't need to see.

Only in SUSE LINUX 9.2 and later.
See the section "Control module restrictions" in README.kiosk for those
versions.