[Kde-kiosk] how to force users to log into KDE (modify KDM menu)

Mr Wiggles astalavista.box.sk at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 15:23:38 CEST 2005

To override a session type, copy the .desktop file from the data dir to the
config dir and edit it at will. Removing the shipped session types can be
accomplished by "shadowing" them with .desktop files containing Hidden=true.
For the magic session types no .desktop files exist by default, but KDM
pretends they would, so you can override them like any other type.
I guess you already know how to add a new session type by now. ;-)

thats all I see in the readme.

then the new section begins "Running KDM from init"
sounds to me like they shoudl just go in the same folder as the
existing .desktop files.
I added one for failsafe there and set it to hidden, btu that makes it
so you cant see the word failsafe but you can still select the blank
session type.