[Kde-kiosk] how to force users to log into KDE (modify KDM menu)

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Tue Jun 21 22:52:22 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 21 June 2005 22:31, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> yeah, i love reports which i can close right away with an RTFM comment.
> actually, it'd be cool to have an extra resolution for them. :-)=)

Could you please stop playing the l33t antisocial programmer and instead
provide some helpful information instead?

Taking a look at help:/kdm/different-window-managers-with-kdm.html in
Konqueror it seems to me that Mr Wiggles has to do the following:

1. Remove all existing .desktop files in $KDEDIR/share/apps/kdm/sessions, or
    edit them and add a line Hidden=true.

2. Add three extra .desktop files, "default.desktop", "custom.desktop" and
    "failsafe.desktop", all of which contain the following two lines:

        [Desktop Entry]
        Hidden=true

Is that about right?

> somebody wants to write a "kiosking kdm" mini-howto to avoid running in
> circles next time?

If the above is true then this mail can qualify as that howto :)