[Kde-kiosk] KDE URL Restrictions Containg Variables

Murray Trainer mtrainer at central-data.net
Fri Jun 3 09:00:45 CEST 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-02 at 19:47, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> On Monday 30 May 2005 16:30, Murray Trainer wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I have a mount point for each user under /mnt and want to stop users
> > browsing above their own directory.  I tried adding a rule to the
> > kdeglobals file like rule_4 below but it doesn't seem to work?  Can I
> > only use either a variable or a path and not a combination of both?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Murray
> >

> > [KDE URL Restrictions][$i]
> > rule_1=list,,,,file,,,false
> > rule_2=list,,,,file,,$HOME,true
> > rule_3=list,,,,file,,/shares,true
> > rule_4=list,,,,file,,/mnt/$USER,true
> > rule_count=4
>
> Only $HOME and $TMP are expanded by default. To expand other things you can
> use:
> 	rule_4[$e]=list,,,,file,,/mnt/$USER,true
>
> Cheers,
> Waldo

Hi Waldo,

Thanks for the above - it works well.  I didn't see that documented
anywhere?

I have another general question.  We have intend giving users access to
shared directory based on membership of an appropriate unix group.  We
would be relying on making the directory security at present to secure
it.  I am trying to figure a way we could implement KDE URL restrictions
for this group situation so we can stop user even seeing shared
directories they are not members of.  Can we do something like:

rule_3[e]=list,,,,file,,/shares/group1,$GROUP1_ACCESS
rule_4[e]=list,,,,file,,/shares/group2,$GROUP2_ACCESS
rule_5[e]=list,,,,file,,/shares/group3,$GROUP3_ACCESS
.
.

and have the GROUP?_ACCESS variable set to true or false depending on
their group membership during the user's login process?

Thanks

Murray