[Kde-kiosk] KioskTool errors on SuSE9.3 and more

Verner Kjærsgaard vk at os-academy.dk
Fri Jul 15 11:11:46 CEST 2005

Hi list and Waldo,

- I just finished a complete school installation i Bramming i VestJylland
(Denmark). During the finals of the installation, I invoked the KioskTool
that comes with SuSE9.3.

That version is not working very well, will not save properly and so..

So I took it out via YAST.

Grapped the ..tar.gz file from the ftp server. Did ./configure, make and make
install. All without problems. Fired it up as a regular user with "kiosktool
&".

It gives me a lot of errors, in a dialog box something like "XML_DATA not
found". In the console it says:

"kiosktool: WARNING: KXMLGUIClient: setXMLFile: cannot find .rc file
kiosktoolui.rc
kiosktool: Skipping /var/lib/kde-profiles/ThinClient/, dir already listed.
QGDict::hashKeyString: invalid null key"

Now, I've downloaded the latest -rpm file from SuSE's KDE service.

How can I (should I) uninstall the hand-made-installed kiosktool?
Or, may I just install the -rpm version and pray for the best?
All documentation for the -gz'd version is in the form of -docbook files, it
seems. How do I read them?

Thank you in advance!!

--
Med venlig hilsen/Best regards