[Kde-kiosk] File association issues on kiosktool

Claudio Henrique Fortes Felix chffelix at terra.com.br
Sat Jan 29 04:58:31 CET 2005

Hi,

I have a system with some existing users prior to the creation of my
first profile in kiosktool. Those users already had an OpenOffice 1.1.3
setup on their home directories. Recently, after the profile had been
setup, I upgraded OpenOffice to 1.1.4, which caused problems with
associated files unsuccessfully trying to open the 1.1.3 version. Going
to the file associations dialog I could easily fix that, but I wanted
some way of doing it for everybody, so that regular users wouldn´t even
notice the upgrade.

That way, I went to kiosktool and tried to fiddle with the file
associations, but although the OpenOffice file types were there, there
were no associations defined for the required applications. So I ask...
is there any way kiosktool can read someone´s file associations without
having to make it all from scratch?

Thanks!

    Claudio