[Kde-kiosk] Problem with Applying Group Profiles to new Users

Murray Trainer mtrainer at central-data.net
Wed Jan 26 12:59:16 CET 2005

Waldo Bastian wrote:

>On Tuesday 25 January 2005 16:25, Murray Trainer wrote:
>

>>I think using su - userid wasn't a proper test.  I added gls to the
>>external group then logged into kde as gls.  The kde profile for
>>external didn't work as it should.   I then opened a shell and got the
>>output below which seems to pinpoint the problem:
>>
>>sh-2.05b$ groups gls
>>gls : users Domain Users external
>>sh-2.05b$ kiosktool-kdedirs --check
>>/home/gls/.kde/:/var/lib/kde-profiles/default/:/etc/opt/kde3/:/opt/kde3/
>># Wrong!!! should be external not default
>>sh-2.05b$ kiosktool-kdedirs
>>/var/lib/kde-profiles/external/
>>

>Ok, upgrading kdelibs to KDE 3.3.2 will fix this.
>
>Cheers,
>Waldo

Hi Waldo,

I have upgraded to KDE 3.3.2 and it appears to have fixed the problem.
I can add and my remove LDAP users from the external LDAP group and the
locked down Kiosk tool profile also is enabled and disabled as
expected.  The kiosktool-kdedirs --check now gives the right result  I
will be upgrading a couple more machines to KDE 3.3.2 and I expect it
will fix the problem on them too.  Thanks to you and Martijn for your
help on this one.  It was an interesting bug - any explanation why the
problem only happened with LDAP groups and not local ones?

Thanks

Murray