[Kde-kiosk] Problem with Applying Group Profiles to new Users

Murray Trainer mtrainer at central-data.net
Thu Jan 13 15:56:23 CET 2005

Hi All,

My users and groups are in an ldap directory.  I created a locked down
profile and applied it to a group.  That works fine with users already
in the group but when I add an existing user to that group or create a
new user with membership of the group they don't get a locked down
profile.  I have to re-apply the profile to the group before it takes
effect on my new members of the group.  I would expect any new member of
the group should get the profile applied automatically.  Not sure if
this is a problem with ldap groups only or local posix groups as well.
Is this a known issue?

Thanks

Murray