[Kde-kiosk] Locking Down Non-KDE Applications

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Mon Jan 10 18:58:36 CET 2005

On Monday 10 January 2005 14:47, Murray Trainer wrote:
> The KDE Kiosk Tool is great for locking down KDE users from browsing
> outside their home directory using Konqueror.  We also use the Firefox
> web browser and Evolution e-mail program.   Unfortunately these programs
> are not restricted by the Kiosk Tool and can browse anywhere when
> opening local files or attaching files to e-mail.  Does anyone know any
> way of locking down these applications too?

I have no idea how to lock down Evolution, but I'd say that it should be
possible now or in the very near future through Novell ZenWorks, given that
Evolution is also a Novell application.

As for Firefox, the KDE toolset has no support for it, but firefox has its own
lockdown framework. Search this mailing list's archives for the following
recent threads:

* [Kde-kiosk] Extra modules for kiosktools
* [Kde-kiosk] Alt F4 disable