[Kde-kiosk] Fixed screen saver, how-to

Verner Kjærsgaard vk at os-academy.dk
Thu Jan 6 14:02:20 CET 2005

Hi list,

- until I get kiosktool to work, I desperately need to lock the screen saver
to blank_screen for all users.
- where would I do that, i.e. what file(s) to edit ??

Also, I've noticed that our SuSE9.2 system grants inadequate permissions on
the /var/lib/kde-profile/.kdeprofile file. The one that tells the descriptive
name of the profile. I changed permissions from 640 to 644, this let
kiosktool show the descriptive name.

I also changed (recursively) permissions on
the /var/lib/kde-profile/profilename/share to 755 - to enable kiosktool to
read (when used as a regular user, I cannot use kiosktool as root, it will
not any test environment in that case) all the files. This has remedied some
problems.

--
Verner Kjærsgaard

Open Source Academy