[Kde-kiosk] trouble implementing kiosk on Suse 9.1

Mr Wiggles astalavista.box.sk at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 15:38:59 CET 2005

Here is what I my startkde file looks like now that I have added it:

if test -n "$KDEDIRS"; then
 kdedirs_first=`echo "$KDEDIRS"|sed -e 's/:.*//'`
 sys_odir=$kdedirs_first/share/fonts/override
 sys_fdir=$kdedirs_first/share/fonts
else
 sys_odir=$KDEDIR/share/fonts/override
 sys_fdir=$KDEDIR/share/fonts
fi
export KDEDIRS=$(kiosktool-kdedirs)

# We run mkfontdir on the user's font dirs (if we have permission) to pick

I logged out of root and in as another user and they dont seem to be
"receiving" the profile still.  In the Kiosk Admin tool I created a
new profile called profile1, and then clicked next, then general, and
checked the boxes for disable run command option and disable lock
screen option.

I clicked back and back, and then went into manage users.  From there
I added the policy of profile1 to one of my groups.  Then to try I
guess you could say to further apply this profile, I applied an
individual user policy of the same profile (profile1) to a user within
that group.

the only other settings I can think of is that it is installed as root
under "Inatall as" in the setup profile window.

any other ideas what the problem might be or any other troubleshooting
steps I could take?

Thanks!