[Kde-kiosk] are subdirs not working in cascading conffiles ?

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Wed Feb 16 19:09:07 CET 2005

On Wednesday 16 February 2005 16:44, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> Yes, I think I found your problem, kdelibs/kresources/managerimpl.cpp
> passes a full path to KConfig so KConfig will not do any cascading in this
> case.
>
> For kde-pim developers that are listening:
> See ManagerImpl::createStandardConfig() which creates a KConfig using
> defaultConfigFile( mFamily ) as argument, which does:
> 	return locateLocal( "config",
>                       QString( "kresources/%1/stdrc" ).arg( family ) );
>
> Cascading would work just fine if the KConfig object was created with only
> QString( "kresources/%1/stdrc" ).arg( family ) as argument instead of the
> full path.

[And then I noticed that Eric had discovered the same already himself ;-]

I have grepped over KDE CVS and replaced the ones that were trivial. The
following ones still need replacement:

./kdelibs/kresources/managerimpl.cpp:  return locateLocal( "config",
./kdepim/kitchensync/multisynk/konnectorpair.cpp:  return
locateLocal( "config", "multisynk/konnectorpair_" + mUid );
./kdepim/kitchensync/multisynk/konnectorpairmanager.cpp:  return
locateLocal( "config", "multisynk_konnectorpairsrc" );
./kdepim/kresources/kolab/shared/resourcekolabbase.cpp:  return
locateLocal( "config",

I haven't changed these because these are used in functions that return a
filename and I didn't exactly know where&how these filenames are used.

bastian at kde.org   |   Free Novell Linux Desktop 9 Evaluation Download
bastian at suse.com  |   http://www.novell.com/products/desktop/eval.html