[Kde-kiosk] xscreensaver

Romeo Theriault romeo.theriault at maine.edu
Wed Feb 9 19:46:27 CET 2005

Hi all, I'm working on a fedora core 3 kiosk machine. I'm having some
trouble with the xscreensaver settings. When I enable the user to change
there screensaver settings and enable context menu's. I log back into the
kiosk user and change their screensaver settings by right clicking the
desktop --> change desktop, etc... Then I log back out and in as the admin
and disable their ability to change xscreensaver and context menu's.  But
this doesn't seem to keep the new settings. The random screensaver keeps
coming back on. Also I've noticed that the right click on desktop and
change screensaver setttings etc,, doesn't create a .xscreensaver file
like it does if you just run xscreensaver. Where are the settings stored?
and how do I get them to stick.

Thanks

--
Romeo Theriault