[Kde-kiosk] Refreshing desktop is failing

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Tue Aug 16 14:27:23 CEST 2005

Hi Oscar,

On Tuesday 16 August 2005 11:12, Oscar Nogales wrote:
> Has anyone the same problem ? I have RHEL 4 Desktop and KDE 3.3 with
> kiosktool-0.9-1.1.fc3.

I have never had the problem, but the symptoms made me suspect problems with
KDirLister. See attached mail for Michael's reply. Bottom line is that it's a
known problem and that you need KDE 3.4 or newer for the fix. (Or ask RedHat
to backport the fix to KDE 3.3 and/or compile your own KDE, but those are
less realistic options.)