[Kde-kiosk] xdg menus w/ profiles

Marc DeTrano marc at gridshield.net
Mon Aug 8 21:37:25 CEST 2005

I am setting up a Mandrake 10.2 system running KDE 3.3.  I would like to
apply menu configurations in KDE Profiles, however, it seems I need to
somehow get an "applications-mdk.menu" file into the profile.
Currently, I have this for the xdg menu configuration path:

kde-config --path xdgconf-menu
/home/template/.config/menus/:/var/lib/menu-xdg/menus/

I have not yet found a way to add another directory to this path
(something like /etc/kde-profiles/profile1/menus to be read before the
.local/.. settings).

Any help with this setup would be appreciated.

Marc DeTrano