[Kde-kiosk] Using Kiosktool

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Wed Aug 3 10:35:49 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 03 August 2005 05:24, Don Robertson wrote:
> Greetings,
> I've installed Kiosktool on my Fedora Core 2 machine and added the line
> to the startkde script.

What line? I don't know FC2, but to install KioskTool on my system I don't
need to change startkde.

> When I run Kiosk tool I it crashes quite a bit - particularly when
> viewing the Panel.

Do you have any particular error message? Perhaps something on the console
and/or in ~/.xsession-errors? A backtrace *might* give a clue too, but
generally they are not very useful for release builds.

Also, what KDE are you using? Fedora's own or the one from the readhat-kde
project? And what KioskTool? Or did you compile it from source?

> Also, after creating a profile and assigning a user to it, I have been
> testing it with VNC, but the kmenu items do not seem to have changed
> from the default.

When logging in as the test user, what does 'kiosktool-kdedirs --check' from a
command line give?