[Kde-kiosk] Re: newbie- Library Computer running SuSE 9.2 Pro (BRIAN MOSES)

Jay Forrest tf33 at mail.gatech.edu
Wed Apr 6 13:03:34 CEST 2005

You can setup a profile in Konqueror to reduce access to the file system.  To
setup a profile that also removes the Konqueror Menu Bar:

In the Tools Menu select configure shortcuts.  Create a keyboard shortcut for
"Save View Profile" and disable other shortcuts, as appropriate.  Close the
toolbars, navigation bar, and the menu bar, and then use your keyboard shortcut
to save the profile. On my system the profile lives here:
$KDEHOME/.kde/share/apps/konqueror/profiles/filemanagement

This does not, however, disable the context (RMB) menus, and a user could
"Create New File --> Link to location (URL)" to other directories on your
system.  Removing kuick_plugin.desktop will at least disable the MOVE and COPY
context menus.

Jay