[Kde-kiosk] 'not authorized to execute service' when checked disable execution of arbitrary .desktop files

Adrian Malaguti amalaguti at novell.com
Wed Sep 29 17:50:09 CEST 2004

Hi,
I created a policy with "Disable execution of arbitrary .desktop files"
selected.
Everything went fine, I logged in a couple of times without problems,
but then I deleted the testing user home directory and tried to login
again, home directory is automatically created with pam_mkhomedir, and
policy was applied but this time I got a popup message with title "Sorry
- KDestop" saying:
You are not authorized to execute this service.

I logged in again, with the same problem,
I had to deselect "Disable execution of arbitrary .desktop files".
When I did that the problem dissappeared.

I tried to replicate the problem, and in fact, this happens when
"Disable execution of arbitrary .desktop files" is selected.
The weird behavior is that it only happens if the policy is applied for
the first time (new user or new/empty home directory).

Any ideas why it could be happening, how to trace/debug it ?

Regards, Adrian.