[Kde-kiosk] Kiosk under KDE 3.0

Mark Walker mark at mms-uk.com
Wed Sep 29 14:23:52 CEST 2004

Hi,

I'm running KDE 3.0 and now have a requirement to "lock down" the graphical environment.

I've downloaded the notes on kiosk and on face value it looks like it will do the required job.

I've create the entry [KDE Action Restrictions] under /home/user/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals and added the following options.

shell_access=false
action/kdesktop_rmb=false
action/kicker_rmb=false
action/kwin_rmb=false
editable_desktop_icons=false

I then touched the file /home/usr/.kde/share/services/update_ksycoca.

However, when the user logs in no actions are restricted.

So my questions are

1,    Is the above information correct ?
2,    Should it work under KDE 3.0
3,    Do I need to upgrade to KDE 3.3, and if so how do I perserve my current users settings.

Regards
MARK