[Kde-kiosk] A nice uniform desktop for all users...

Daniel Bertolo daniel.bertolo at kinderheim-buehl.ch
Wed Sep 15 23:55:03 CEST 2004

Am Mittwoch, 15. September 2004 21.14 schrieb Verner Kjærsgaard:
> > As far as Kiosktool and lockdown is concerned, yes. However, by default
> > YOU will not give you the latest and greatest KDE.
>
> Experience taught me to stick with standard. So SuSE9.1/KDE3.2.whatever
> it'll be.

Ever had problems updating KDE on SuSE using the supplementary updates from
YOU (as described)? We updated all our desktops to KDE 3.2.3 (including the
ones in our school) without any problem. On my reference machine, I updated
to KDE 3.3.0 (uninstall KDE-SuSE first) which I will deploy by the end of the
month. Go ahead and give it a try. As far as I know, you need at least KDE
3.2.3 in order to use the kioskadmintool (which is actually great).

Yours,
Daniel

--
Linux is user friendly.
It's just very picky about who its friends are.