[Kde-kiosk] A nice uniform desktop for all users...

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Wed Sep 15 19:44:40 CEST 2004

On Thursday 16 September 2004 09:42, Verner Kjærsgaard wrote:
> - Now, I've only got one small question left; namely versions (of SuSE).
> - Say, I install a brand new SuSE9.1, update it online using YOU.
> - Will that give me a combined version of SuSE9.1/KDE3.-something that will
> work?

As far as Kiosktool and lockdown is concerned, yes. However, by default YOU
will not give you the latest and greatest KDE.

Fire up YaST and go to the Installation Sources. Add
ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/ftp.suse.com/suse/i386/supplementary/KDE/update_for_9.1/yast-source
to get KDE 3.3 for SuSE. Whether you want 3.3 or stick with the default 3.2
is of course up to you ;-)

> BTW: I'll keep this list informed of our progress :-)
> And, I always keep logs of what I do. Such a log could perhaps be of value
> to others wanting to do a similar setup? I would only be to happy to post
> it once it's ready.

It probably will be. Especially if you can incorporate it into the already
existing documentation like http://enterprise.kde.org/ or one of the other
platforms that we have.

Speaking about those: Waldo, where is Kiosk information available? I'd like to
have a complete list available somewhere here in the list archives, ready for
searching by Google.