[Kde-kiosk] KDesktop crash with signal 11

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Thu Sep 9 23:51:11 CEST 2004

On Thursday 09 September 2004 16:15, Murray Trainer wrote:
> I am running Suse 9.1 and have just installed KDE 3.3.  I installed
> Kiosk tool version 0.8: dated 21.08.2004 and setup a test user with a
> profile with locked down desktop and subset of the normal KDE menus.
> The profile seems to work but when I login as the user I get a Kdestop
> crashed with signal 11 error.   If I go into the kiosk tool and turn off
> the profile for the test user they login without the error.  It may
> possibly be something to do with changing the wallpaper on the desktop.
> I have included the backtrace info if that is any help.

You'll probably have to wait until Waldo returns and reads his email. Perhaps
it helps if you also include the locked down kdesktoprc, but I'm not sure I
have the time to try to reproduce and help you.

Speaking about kdesktoprc... what happens if you temporarily leave it out of
the profile? Does the desktop still crash? If it does not, can you try to
figure out which setting of kdesktoprc is causing the crashing by adding them
one at a time?