[Kde-kiosk] Kiosktool Wishlist: Set profile based on environment variable.

Erik Forsberg forsberg at cendio.se
Thu Sep 9 09:51:24 CEST 2004

Hi!

I have a wish list item for Kiosk tool - I'd like to set profiles for
a user based on an environment variable, as an additional way to
determine profile besides setting it per user och per group.

This would be useful in situtations where a user is presented with
several choices at login, for example a "low bandwidth desktop" and a
"high bandwidth desktop".

I don't know how hard this would be to implement? I guess the profile
selection is done by KDE itself, not by kiosktool?

Could this be accomplished by running a utility that sets KDEDIRS and
points it at the correct profile? How would that interact with the
profile selection inside KDE?

\EF
--
Erik Forsberg                Telephone: +46-13-21 46 00
Cendio AB                    Web: http://www.cendio.com