[Kde-kiosk] Kiosktool: One user, multiple profiles?

Erik Forsberg forsberg at cendio.se
Fri Sep 3 12:48:22 CEST 2004

Hi!

Currently, as far as I can see, one user can only use one profile
created by Kiosktool at a time.

For example, if I create one profile where I edit the menu and remove
everything except the "Internet" folder, and another profile where
everything except the "Office" folder is removed, my test user only
gets one of the folders, even though the first profile is assigned to
the test user, and the test user is a member of a group that is
assigned to the second profile.

The functionality I'd like is to have different profiles that can be
applied to one or several groups, and then each user will get the
combined settings of all the profiles that match based on the user's
group memberships.

I don't think it's possible with kiosktool now? Will it be possible in
the future?

I understand that there are difficulties - if the background color of
two profiles differ, and a user is assigned to both, which background
color should the user get? Perhaps by assigning priorities to each
profile, one could solve that problem?

\EF
--
Erik Forsberg                Telephone: +46-13-21 46 00
Cendio AB                    Web: http://www.cendio.com