[Kde-kiosk] Kiosk Admin Tool

Jasper van der Marel jasper.van.der.marel at wanadoo.nl
Fri Oct 29 08:19:31 CEST 2004

Hi,

We are using Fedora Core 2 as our main platform and we
are running kisoktool.
Check which version of KDE you are running. I got kiosktool
working with KDE > 3.3 form kde-redhat. The default KDE on Fedora Core 2 is
3.2.2 I believe which doesn't work that well. Please keep in mind that the
profiles apply to the second group the user belongs to, not the user himself
or the primary group. In Fedora the user belongs to this own group (eg user1
belongs to group user 1) by default. Create a secondary group eg kioskusers
and make the user member of this group. Then apply the kiosk profile to this
group.

Good luck

Jasper van der Marel