[Kde-kiosk] Re: how fix icon position on desktop

Aurélien Gâteau agateau at dental-on-line.fr
Thu Oct 21 14:50:14 CEST 2004

Waldo Bastian wrote:
> There is also
>
> [KDE Action Restrictions]
> editable_desktop_icons=false
>
> but I'm not sure if that does what you want.

Hello, I'm a colleague of Tien.

I made a patch which makes KDesktop ignore the user IconPositions file if
"editable_desktop_icons" is set to false.
It does so by deleting the m_dotDirectory groups after reading it, there
might be a more elegant way, but it works for us...

Attached is the patch for kdebase 3.2.0 (tested) and kdebase HEAD
(untested).

Regards,
  Aurélien