[Kde-kiosk] Re: "security" option ignored by "Configure Desktop"

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Wed Oct 6 14:00:09 CEST 2004

There is a better way to do that, let me add some docu for that:

Control module restrictions
===========================

It is possible to restrict access to particular control modules.
Although it is possible to remove control modules from the Control
Center by editing the menu structure, such modules will then still
be available to applications. A better way is to use the control
module restrictions offered by KIOSK:

[KDE Control Module Restrictions][$i]
<menu-id>=false

Some example menu-ids are:

kde-display.desktop
kde-proxy.desktop
kde-screensaver.desktop

See also kcmshell --list for a list of all the base names.

--
bastian at kde.org  |  Wanted: Talented KDE developer  |  bastian at suse.com
  http://www.suse.de/de/company/suse/jobs/suse_pbu/developer_kde.html