[Kde-kiosk] Knoppix + KDE Kiosk

Ethan Lawrence zzzend26 at hotmail.com
Wed May 5 07:34:35 CEST 2004

I have an event coming up, and was thinking about re-mastering a Knoppix
disk, with KDE running in kiosk mode. This allows us to run on almost any
hardware, boot from CD, and lock the user in to a webpage of our choosing.
This seems like a perfect solution, but I am having some problems.

With the newest version of Knoppix 3.4, I am able to compile, and make the
package. Once I run it, I receive an error saying "Could not connect to
local host", OK, so it seems SSH may be the issue. I start the SSH server,
and am able to connect from the command line to localhost, with both the
knoppix account, and the root account. I have set passwords for both. This
seems to lead to another error "Could not find kiosk_data.xml"

Can anyone point me the right direction to solve this?