[Kde-kiosk] kmail

Lanman lanman at maximumlans.com
Sun Jun 27 14:54:50 CEST 2004

First, I'd like to apologize to the list for my outburst yesterday
regarding Ask Holme's insensitive and extremely rude comments to
Alexander. While his comments were totally unwarranted and un-called
for, my reply was also somewhat extreme in nature and for that I do
apologize. Under no circumstance do I extend that apology to Ask Holmes,
however.

Please understand that in Canadian culture his type of behaviour is not
tolerated, and it is partially due to this, that I felt it necessary to
respond to his remarks. In addition to this, the posts on this list have
been very helpful and congenial in nature, and because of this, his
attack on Alexander came as an even bigger surprise which I was unable
to ignore. However, I meant no disrespect to the other members of this
list in any manner.

Second, Having given Alain SECOND's situation some thought, I can only
suggest that one way to meet his requirement would be to find a way to
permanently set a default in KMail so that messages are not deleted from
the server when a user retrieves his/her emails, used in conjunction
with a script file run from a cron job each day that backs up all emails
in that user's folder to a root protected backup file or "tar.gz".

What I am suggesting may not even be possible, but it may be worth
investigating as an solution. If you are able to set root permissions
to each user's KMail preferences file, this should prevent them from
changing the option of "Delete Emails From Server", and the set of
emails on the server could be the copy that your client wants to retain.

Hope that helps Alain.

Lanman