[Kde-kiosk] kmail

Lanman lanman at maximumlans.com
Sat Jun 26 21:38:57 CEST 2004

Ask Holme wrote:
> Alexander Schunk <athschk at yahoo.de> wrote:
>
>>   in Linux, only root user can delete any files per default except those
>>   files created or edited by normal user in the  /usr/bin /usr/home etc.
>>   directory.
>>   In general, a normal user needs to sudo su to be able to delete
>>   files.
>>   So you actually dont need to give root user permission to delete files
>>   because root user has all permissions per default.
>>
>>   You may chmod Kmail files to set properties to root user only.
>

> Are you plain stupid or does you just need glasses ? .
>
> 1. no one asked for a explaination of linux permissions (especially not
> a weird one).
> 2. he stated that he was talking about recieved email which will by
> default be owned the user who recieved it.
>
> 3. He said that he had allready tried chmodding the mail files, but
> appearnltly it failed.
> He think it's because that kmail uses Maildir which envolves moving the
> mail from one dir to another when it's recieved/read/deleted and kmail
> doesn't like that it's not allowed to do that.
> The correct solution would be an action restriction but i dunno if one
> exists.
> --
> Ask Holme

Why would anyone want to "Ask Holme" when he has an attitude like this?
He must have started out as a Microsoft weenie! It's the only thing that
can explain his behaviour on this list.

What kind of a mental midget are you "Holmes"? Did you stop to think
that Alexander might not have understood the question properly? Even so,
your only way of responding was to be malicious and just plain rude?
Who do you think you are to be rude to those who are trying to help?

It's people like you that give Linux and the Open-Source Community a bad
name. Why don't you grow up and grab a brain, you little dweeb?

It's a real shame that you're in Amsterdam you Mutt-using loser, cause
I'd be thrilled to meet you face-to-face! Then we could have a nice long
"talk" about your manners.

Don't pay any attention to this idiot Alexander. He'll eventually go
away and crawl back under the rock he came from.

Hey, Holmes! Next time you're in Canada, drop me a line! Let me know
where we can meet - anytime, anywhere - Dickhead!

You've just been plonked, you self-righteous, arrogant, useless little prig!

Now why not save yourself further embarrassment, and go back to a
Microsoft list? They'll appreciate your attitude more than anyone here!
I heard that Bill Gates has been missing his "bum-buddy" for too long!

Lanman