[Kde-kiosk] kmail

Alexander Schunk athschk at yahoo.de
Sat Jun 26 19:41:11 CEST 2004

Hi,

in Linux, only root user can delete any files per default except those files created or edited by normal user in the  /usr/bin /usr/home etc. directory.

In general, a normal user needs to sudo su to be able to delete files.

So you actually dont need to give root user permission to delete files because root user has all permissions per default.

You may chmod Kmail files to set properties to root user only.

Alain SECOND <alain.second at laposte.net> wrote:
I use KDE some for 5 years..
I have "sold" Linux $ KDE to an association.
My problem: how to allow only root user to delete received mails?
(tried to set permissions of .Mail/inbox, but kmail crashes...
Please if you reply: I am not a developer! be simple!

Thanks